20TH ITALIAN ROUNDTABLE TOOK PLACE ON 17 MAY 2017 IN MILAN, HOSTED BY LINK LATERS LLP.
There were 36 participants.
Giovanni Carotenuto reported on the situation about Pro Bono in Italy, confirming the importance of this culture in Italy.
The following NGOs were introduced during this meeting:
- DIRITTO DI SAPERE. Guido Romeo presented a recent survey on the impact on the Italian legal system of the newly introduced FOIA.
- RISCATTI ONLUS. Debora Spadoni e Federica Balestrieri introduced this organization which carries out projects to promote social integration especially through photography.
- FONDAZIONE FRANCESCA RAVA N.P.H. ITALIA ONLUS, introduced by Maria Vittoria Rava. This is a nonprofit foundation whose mission is to help children in serious need.
- It was introduced by Giuseppe Ippedico e Lodovico Bianchi. This is a think thank of Bocconi students and graduates in economics in order to propose new ideas and themes.
- Julie Kornfeld presented this American NGO which provides free legal assistance to refugees around the world.
There was also a short update about the CILD’s activities.
The Roundtable was focused on two main subjects:
- The importance to spread correct information, with particular reference to the events which involved the NGOs that are working with refugees
- Main topics for the pro bono seminars
At the end of the roundtable some of the attendees moved to Milano Notai to proceed with the incorporation of Pro Bono Italia.
17th MAY 2017
15:00 – 17:00
Hosted by Link Laters LLP
Via Broletto, 9, Milano