In October / November 2020, global business law firm DLA Piper, along with Coalizione Italiana per le Libertà e I Diritti civili, International Rescue Committee and Pro Bono Italia will run the Know Your Rights Project online (using Zoom).
Know Your Rights is a legal education programme for asylum seekers, refugees and beneficiaries of different forms of protection who are building new lives in Italy. Participants will receive weekly courses on various legal topics.
To download the flyer of the event, with the description of all the scheduled sessions, check the attached files
18th NOVEMBER 2020
17:30 – 18:30
What are the requirements to apply?
- You are at least 18 years old;
- You speak Italian or English;
- You have downloaded Zoom on your smartphone / tablet / pc.
How do you apply?
Please send an e-mail to apply for a session. You can pick the sessions you prefer and as many as you wish. Please send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 October 2020 with your:
- Name, age, gender, contact details;
- Language(s) spoken and country of origin;
- Protection status (refugee, asylum seeker or beneficiary of other form of protection);
- Educational background;
- Any specific topic / question you would like to be discussed during the programme.
Who are the teachers?
The teachers are lawyers from DLA Piper, some of DLA Piper’s clients or from the Pro Bono Italia network.
- The programme is for free and you are free to choose and apply for the session(s) you would like to attend;
- If you wish so, you can be matched with a professional mentor who will guide you through the programme and the various legal topics;
- The sessions will take place on Zoom;
- If you have any specific question, please send them to the coordinators of the programme ahead of the session.